Patient and family comfort is a top priority. Our efforts to meet your needs, supported by the warm, fresh design of the center, help us ensure that every outpatient surgical experience is positive. Special attention is given to our pediatric patients, with every effort being made to keep the parents and child together as much as possible.
To alleviate worry, we strive to keep family members informed of their loved one’s progress during and after surgery. Plus our unique features, such as the private admission area and the children’s playroom, give us an added opportunity to make your overall experience with us more comfortable and stress-free.
Tips to Remember
Before coming in for your outpatient surgery procedure, remember the following:
- Wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothes
- Shower beforehand
- If you normally wear contacts, wear glasses or bring storage case
- Bring list of current medications and allergies
- Bring insurance card(s) and Photo I.D.
- Avoid wearing lotions, perfumes, make-up, deodorant
- Leave valuables at home
- You will need a responsible adult with a valid driver’s license to drive you home
What to Expect
A nurse may call you prior to your procedure to either schedule a time for you to complete pre-operative lab work, or discuss what you can expect to happen during your visit.On the day of your surgery, you will first visit our private admissions area to register, provide insurance information, etc. From there you will go to pre-op, where you will be visited by your nurse, anesthesiologist and physician, who can answer any questions you might have. After your surgery, you will remain in recovery until you are ready to go home. Recovery time will depend on the procedure and your individual needs.
Upon discharge, our staff will file your insurance claims for you as an added courtesy. They will also schedule your post-op appointment, and will take you by wheelchair to your car.
Within a day or two following your procedure, you may expect another call from one of our nurses to find out how you’re progressing and answer any questions.
Patient Rights and Responsibilities
As a patient of Advanced Family Surgery Center, you can expect to be treated
individually and with the respect that you deserve. You have the right to:
- Receive treatment without discrimination as to sex, race, age, religion, national origin, or disability.
- Receive respectful and considerate care in a clean and safe environment.
- Understand your procedure, the process and implications.
- Receive all the information you need to make informed decisions about your care.
- Receive complete information about your diagnosis, planned treatment and prognosis.
- Participate in all decisions regarding your care.
- Receive private , confidential care of all information regarding your health and the records of your care
- Approve or refuse the release of your medical records except when required by law.
- Know fees for service and the billing process.
- Refuse treatment and receive information on how your refusal can affect your health.
- Assure safe use of equipment by trained personnel.
- Change primary or specialty physicians if you so choose.
- Receive assessment of pain by trained personnel and have that pain treated efficiently.
- To ask your healthcare provider to wash their hands.
- Request the qualifications and credentials of healthcare professionals.
- Complain without fear of retribution about the care and service you receive. To file a formal complaint, you may contact the Division of Health Care Facilities, their toll free number is: 1-(877)-287-0010.
- For more information about patient rights, and filing an appeal, visit the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services website.
- Advanced Family Surgery Center cumple con las leyes federales de derechos civiles aplicables y no discrimina por motivos de raza, color, nacionalidad, edad, discapacidad o sexo.
- بقوانین الحقوق المدنیة الفدرالیة المعمول بھا ولا یمیز على أساس العرق أو اللون أو Advanced Family Surgery Center, یلتزم الأصل الوطني أو السن أو الإعاقة أو الجنس.
- ATENCIÓN: si habla español, tiene a su disposición servicios gratuitos de asistencia lingüística. Llame al (865) 835-5000.
- ملحوظة: إذا كنت تتحدث اذكر اللغة، فإن خدمات المساعدة اللغویة تتوافر لك بالمجان. اتصل برقم .(865) 835-5000 ھاتف الصم والبكم.
- Advanced Family Surgery Center Contact: Kelly Norman (865) 835-5000
In turn, as a patient of Advanced Family Surgery Center it’s your responsibility to:
- Be respectful of all the healthcare providers and staff, as well as other patients.
- Provide accurate past and present medical histories, complaints, illness, hospitalizations, and surgeries.
- Accurately answer pre-screening questionnaire and/or report any sudden changes in your health.
- Provide a list of current medications, including over the counter products, allergies, or sensitivities and dietary supplements.
- Inform the staff of your advance directives, POST, or power of attorney.
- Assure your financial obligations to the center for healthcare services rendered are paid efficiently.
- Accept responsibility for your outcome if you refuse treatment or procedure.
- Accept or understand the instructions given by the physician or staff. Follow the treatment plan prescribed by your provider.
- Keep your appointments or notify the center if you anticipate that your treatment will be delayed.
- Ensure the security of your own valuables.
- Provide a responsible adult to transport you home from the facility and have someone remain with you for 24 hours if required by your provider.